× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AirCard 785S errors / hangs (EU version - AC785-100EUS)

Yorkshire_Boy
Aspirant

AirCard 785S errors / hangs (EU version - AC785-100EUS)

Hi,

I have a AirCard 785S (the unlocked EU version SKU: AC785-100EUS) which has been working fine for about 3 months until it recently started to develop some odd behaviours / faults:

(1) When powering on, it will sometimes / often not progress past the blue Netgear AirCard boot up flash screen. Booting seems more reliable when plugged in to the wall charger.

(2) Even when the AirCard does successfully boot, it will occasionally / often fall back to the blue screen.

(3) The occurrence of these behaviours appears unrelated to the battery charge level

(4) A separate fault is now occurring (developed in the last 7 days) where the unit will disconnect from the internet and the screen will show that there is no SIM card inserted (even though there is and the unit hasn't been dropped or bounced). Again, this appears intermittently and doesn't appear to be related to battery level, but doesn't appear to occur when plugged into the wall charge.

Any ideas out there?

Cheers,

Yorkshire_Boy.

Message 1 of 3
Yorkshire_Boy
Aspirant

Re: AirCard 785S errors / hangs (EU version - AC785-100EUS)

I have a video of the fault here also:
http://youtu.be/B_G97l491Tk
Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AirCard 785S errors / hangs (EU version - AC785-100EUS)

Hello Yorkshire_boy 

From what you have described it sounds like this could be a faulty battery and it does not have enough charge to get past the boot up since you are able to boot the device when you have it plugged into the wall. I would suggest that you contact our support to see what they can do about a replacement battery for you. 

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx#tab-call

Let me know if you have any questions.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7