× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AirCard 785S wifi device connections

rusty99
Aspirant

AirCard 785S wifi device connections

I use the AirCard on a remote property when I visit a few times a year. It works fine for web surfing etc but I can't connect non-web devices to it such as printing via WiFi or connecting a Google Chromecast device to a TV, although I can see the devices broadcasting their address. Is this due to the technical limitations of the device or is there something else I need to do?

Model: AirCard 785S (TELUS)|NETGEAR AirCard 785S Mobile Hotspot
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

Re: AirCard 785S wifi device connections

Wi-fi bands? 2.4/5GHz, some devices only have 2.4GHz, my Philips Ambilight TV for instance only has 2.4Ghz as it’s considered the more stable for Wi-fi coverage.

https://www.actcorp.in/blog/difference-between-2.4ghz-and-5ghz-wifi

Are you in 5GHz only Wi-fi mode on the Aircard ? Because it defo won’t connect even if it can see them.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

Wi-fi bands? 2.4/5GHz, some devices only have 2.4GHz, my Philips Ambilight TV for instance only has 2.4Ghz as it’s considered the more stable for Wi-fi coverage.

https://www.actcorp.in/blog/difference-between-2.4ghz-and-5ghz-wifi

Are you in 5GHz only Wi-fi mode on the Aircard ? Because it defo won’t connect even if it can see them.

Message 2 of 3
rusty99
Aspirant

Thanks - it turns out both devices, the printer and the original Chromecast only work on 2.4 mHz. I had both bands enabled on the modem but that obviously led to confusion for the devices.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7