× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AirCard 785S will not carry out Telstra firmware uodate

Pauliboy
Aspirant

AirCard 785S will not carry out Telstra firmware uodate

This is the error message I get when trying to do Telstra's firmware update.

Driver was updated prior as per your website.

I tried this first from Telstra's link in their Important email re the update.

I then tried from Netgear Site.

Windows 10

Batch Number of modem SK012096

FDT version: 4.6.0.1

Checking modem mode ...

Firmware download failed.

Primary error code: 82 - Failed in checking modem mode.

Secondary error code: 66 - Failed in initiazing comport.

Total  time elapsed: 5078 ms.

Press enter to continue ...

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AirCard 785S will not carry out Telstra firmware uodate

Hello Pauliboy

I do not see a new firmware version available when I look at the downloads page for the Aircard 785 s for telstra what version are you trying to update to?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
Pauliboy
Aspirant

The link was in an email from Telstra telling us that the WiFi modem cannot be gauranteed to work after 16/1/2016 if we do not update the firmware. Email was on 17/12/2015 at 4.00 pm.

Telstra IMPORTANT CHANGES TO YOUR TELSTRA MY POCKET WI-FI DEVICE 17/12/2015 71 KB  

From 16 January 2016, we are making network enhancements which will improve the performance of your Telstra 4G My Pocket Wi-Fi Ultimate device. Once your mobile broadband device has been updated, you’ll enjoy improved performance when using that device on Australia’s best mobile network.

Do you need to do anything?

You’ll receive a notification on your device which will prompt you through the update process. The update will need to be completed before the network changes take place from 16 January 2016, to make sure your device continues to operate properly and to benefit from the improvements.

The update should only take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. You don’t need to worry about your data usage for this upgrade, as we’ve given you an extra 250MB data to use over the next 30 days, which is more than the amount of data required to perform the upgrade.

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Pauliboy

At this point you will have to contact telstra support they control the firmware updates on that device hopefully they can do something for you like RMA your unit with one with the updated firmware.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
corinamayo
Aspirant

Hi Pauliboy, I am having the very same errors on my aircard - did you manage to get yours fixed?  Update expires tomorrow 😞

Message 5 of 6
hancat
Aspirant

I'm also having the same problem.

I found this page to be useful http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25067?utm_source=contactus&utm_medium=website-internal...

Which also indicated that i should install new drivers.

I'm still seeing an error, but it takes longer to identify, and i've not got the following.

FDT version: 4.6.0.1
Checking modem mode ...

Firmware download failed.
Primary error code: 82 - Failed in checking modem mode.
Secondary error code: 68 - Received incorrect response.
Total time elapsed: 28094 ms.
Press Enter to continue ...

Has anyone upgraded? Admittedly i'm doing this after the proposed deadline.

Telstra have been next to useless, and eventually bounced me to Netgear who were helpful for 1 day, but now the website tells me that my support expired yesterday, which is a little suspicious?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7