× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AirCard 810S Mobile Hotspot Carrier Aggregation is not showing all bands

WebDiver
Tutor

AirCard 810S Mobile Hotspot Carrier Aggregation is not showing all bands

Hello,

simply question 🙂 When my device AirCard 810S cat. 9 is in range of LTE+  it means, that is connected minimum to 2 or 3 bands (frequencies), right?

I check Download and Upload and I can see, that's true - connection is definitely speeding up whithin LTE+.

BUT when I checked Status Details, the device always shows me only one band. So, I cannot check, what frequencies my device is currently aggregating.

So, my question:

What to do, to see on the AC810S screen all bands, which are currently aggregating by my device been in range of LTE+ ?

Thank you for the answer.

Message 1 of 6
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Re: AirCard 810S Mobile Hotspot Carrier Aggregation is not showing all bands

You cannot determine aggregated frequencies from AC810 4G Status details. It shows only one band and there is nothing wrong with that. AC810 package label shows supported 3CA combinations and you have to get that nearest base station frequency data from your cell operator if you do not already know the details.

in principle, the device selects the best performance settings available in the base station, if everything is properly setup and configured(CPE, base station and subscription).

Message 2 of 6
WebDiver
Tutor

Thank you TeeJay74 and Wstyle1 for your attention and answer.

As I just right in similar post, if this device "works as designed", so it always shows just one (the best) band and not the rest...so it is sad.

If device is agregating 3 bands, why it shows just one, main band??? 

I think it is the only weak point of AC810S, course I really would like to see this "aggregation process" on my eyes on the display...

I cannot understand engineers, that they just skip so important software feature in this powerful device. 

Message 3 of 6
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

We can trust that this device too has been built in accordance with the 3GPP regulations. Earlier this summer I was thinking about this question too (before 3CA commissioning), but now it feels important no more, because 3CA works. I am pretty sure that base station does not have a feedback channel (aggregated bands) for CPE device. Actually the only feedback that matters is the increased speed. I think AC810 is a very sophisticated device and it has no competitor at the moment.

Model AC810-100EUS

Message 4 of 6
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

One more tip to 3CA newcomers. More detailed band information can be examined via AC810's telnet interface. AT!GSTATUS? command shows the bands that modem is able to see. If you know that basestation in your area has 3 cells, but modem is able to see only 2 of them, that means basestation has no 3CA license. That kind of situation is not a modem problem.

Message 5 of 6
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

small correction,3 cells->3 bands.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements