× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Aircard 785s Speed and Firmware Update Problem

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Aircard 785s Speed and Firmware Update Problem

Hi *,

I just bought a Aircard 785s in Germany. I am actually using it in my holidays in Austria and I am very unhappy with it. Problems:

* Reception: Switching the device on, it is quite fast with Data Transfers. Web App shows H+ nearly full reception. After some time the device falls back to 2G and stays there forever! My Mobile Phone has full reception and Full Download Speeds! The device stays in the same place all the time, so this is akward. This can only be fixed performing a factory reset => H+ again, falling back to 2G after some time and never going up again ...

Next thing to do is Firmware update of course and see if that fixes something:

* Firmware Update does not work: I am trying to update the Firmware using the Web-App. There is a Button under Settings which lets you trigger the update manually. I have been trying this for days, but it does not work. It keeps searching forever or says imediately that "There was a Problem updating you device"...

Can the Firmware update be performed manually somehow? Downloading a File and installing it?

Cheers,

Ray

Specs:

FW Version: NTG9X25A_02.08.00.12FW

Build Date: 10/10/14

Web App Version: 03.03.58.06

Bootloader Version: NTG9X25A_02.08.00.12

Hardware Version: 1.0

Message 1 of 3
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Aircard 785s Speed and Firmware Update Problem

Hi Ray_,

Please refer to the Downloads and Documentation page to manually upgrade your 785S: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25067

Under "Software", download the driver and software listed.
Under "Documentation", follow the instructions in the Firmware Upgrade Procedure: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC_785S_Telstra/FW_Upgrade_Procedure_AirCard%20785S.P...

Let us know how it works for you.

Regards,

NhanN

Message 2 of 3
trancedroid
Aspirant

Re: Aircard 785s Speed and Firmware Update Problem

I just want to tell you that you're a moderator for NETGEAR and you're giving wrong instructions. I've downloaded the same firmware and it's not working because the device is a RETAIL UNLOCKED. So please stop confusing people.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7