× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Analog phone through LB2120 cellular LTE modem?

rayredd
Follower

Analog phone through LB2120 cellular LTE modem?

I want to run my analog home POT cordless phone system through my LB2120 cellular LTE modem and exterior MIMO antenna.  I (think) know I would need an RJ45 to RJ11 ethernet to adaptor to connect Panasonic home phone set to the LTE modem.  Maybe this one  Would this allow me to make and receive dial-up phone calls to the Verizon LTE network as if they were coming from a regular cell phone?  If not that sort of adapter, then what would be needed to connect home phone to cellular network?  Not looking for any data via this rig - just voice.  I used to use this modem/antenna rig for fixed point wireless data which worked good, but was expensive and sometimes slow.  We eventually switched to satalite data network, and I've got the LB2120 and antenna left over.  AT&T landline service stinks in our area and looking for alternative.  Any experience would be appreciated.  I don't currently have a sim card in the 2120 modem, or I would just try it.  Thoughts?  Help?  Please.  Thanks.

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7