× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Any chance of relocking MR2100 EE unlocked version after manual firmware update?

Jack_C
Initiate

Any chance of relocking MR2100 EE unlocked version after manual firmware update?

I bought the Netgear M2 MR2100 EE unlocked version from Hong Kong. The firmware version is NTGX24_10.13.09.00 dated 2019/05/17. I checked for any firmware update through the device from time to time but showed "No update available" everytime.

After checking with Netgear website, new firmware version does available (approx 100M). I am asking whether the device will be relocked after manual firmware update.

Thank you for answering!

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 4
Ksa3344
Apprentice

Re: Any chance of relocking MR2100 EE unlocked version after manual firmware update?

I used to have the M1 EE version and it doesn't get relocked when i update it .
Message 2 of 4
Jack_C
Initiate

Re: Any chance of relocking MR2100 EE unlocked version after manual firmware update?

Thank you and hope this applies to M2 EE.

Since the update over sim/4G or through the Netgear app does not work (shows "No update available" everytime but I think this is Yes), may I download the firmware for M2 EE version from somewhere, say EE website or Netgear? I happened to find the page but could not find it afterwards.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
sayyadimran1985
Aspirant

Even I am facing the similar issue in Kuwait. My Nighthawk MR2100 router locked with #$hiT network called "Ooredoo". Trying to unlcok router from last 6 months but couldn't succeded.  Then I made a wise decision, bought "Huawei CPE Pro" router, which never disappointed me & speed is really amazing. 

@Jack_C wrote:

I bought the Netgear M2 MR2100 EE unlocked version from Hong Kong. The firmware version is NTGX24_10.13.09.00 dated 2019/05/17. I checked for any firmware update through the device from time to time but showed "No update available" everytime.

After checking with Netgear website, new firmware version does available (approx 100M). I am asking whether the device will be relocked after manual firmware update.

Thank you for answering!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7