× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Anyone know what the latest firmware for the M1100 fixs?

MicW
Luminary

Re: Anyone know what the latest firmware for the M1100 fixs?

Hi @MAGADE

OTA ia a process designed to simplify upgrading the M1100 firmware for the customer.The way it seems to be designed to place a delay in requests for updates to stop customers overloading the server with repeated requests. It seems to be bugged right now and is very hit and miss on whether it will work. It took me several attempts over several days for the M1100 to find the update after I heard it had been released, and some people it doesn't seem to be working at all right now. I see you posted in another forum where netgear is asking for information to track the bug down. Nothing has been said yet regarding if a fix is on its way. But a new firmware is due at the end of April so maybe it will be fixed then too.

Message 51 of 72
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MAGADE,

I have already PMed you. :]

- Jason N

Message 52 of 72
hippolyte
Apprentice

The replacement Nighthawk came from the factory with NTG9X50C_10.16.04.04 installed.

Screen is functioning with data usage, not showing ethernet connection, but does show in the dashboard and the iOS app.

NB: asterisk in GB used is my editNB: asterisk in GB used is my edit

Device is currently reporting NTG9X50C_10.16.04.04 as up to date.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 53 of 72
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hippolyte,

What provider model do you have for the M1? Telstra // AT&T // etc.?

Please let me know. :]

- Jason N

Message 54 of 72
hippolyte
Apprentice

Hi Jason N,

My provider model is Telstra.

I currently have possession of two MR1100s. Original device supplied May 2017 has had two updates; the latest being NTG9X50C_10.25.01.00, which provides Ethernet always on setting but blanked out screen and dashboard. “Detecting Service” message with internet functionality.

Replacement device supplied April 2018 with NTG9X50C_10.16.04.04 out of the box, this has functioning screen and dashboard.

I am currently negotiating with Telstra as I am not happy with enforced contract extension applied on supply of second device. They have said they will let me know on 23 April whether I can keep both devices with no penalty (my ideal), or have to return one to avoid penalty.

Four days in, a FW update is now available for the new device. The 104MB indicates it is likely the NTG9X50C_10.25.01.00.

Talks with Telstra Tech and on their Forum in which they have been unable to replicate the screen etc, give rise to the possibility that only devices which have been through both updates have the problem. No way of knowing for sure as they have not shown any inclination to research this. Perhaps harsh of me as they may also be restricted by the OTA process.

As I use the Nighthawk on an expensive plan for remote/regional home service with external antennae, I would prefer to use the ethernet for obvious advantages, rather than spot-boost.

I currently have the battery removed, preventing any updates. Further reading on Netgear forums, gave me the info that Netgear had altered the original 30 second Ethernet timeout, to two minutes (no visible setting) in the NTG9X50C_10.16.04.04.

This had plumb escaped me, with the limitation in the first firmware (I do not have a record of the FW number) causing me to resort to spot-boosting.

I have now been using the new device Ethernet on NTG9X50C_10.16.04.04 for up to 36 hours at a time without reboots, through a Dovado router.

I am loath to update this device to the potentially problematic NTG9X50C_10.25.01.00.

Will I be able to update to to the next version without the interim?

I see that you only asked me who my provider was, but I would really appreciate some pointers on which way to jump.

hyppolyte

Ps; any chance of getting the backup/restore .cfg files to work on MacOS Safari? They worked for me in Windows 10 and in Firefox on Mac (but not so smooth).

Message 55 of 72
MicW
Luminary

My modem just reported a new firmware is available. Fingers crossed I'll report back once its installed and let you know what version it is,

Message 56 of 72
MicW
Luminary

The new firmware jsut released is version NTG9X50C_10.25.01.01, note the extra .01  so I'm guessing it is a minor bug fix. Pri version is 3.22Untitled3.jpg

Message 57 of 72
MicW
Luminary

No noticeable changes. Everything so far seems to work on a non telstra sim. RS-SINR still displaying 0 dbm, but that is a minor thing. I'm assuming this is the fix for the telstra display, I guess @hippolyte will let us know soon if it is working if he upgrades his first M1. And hopefully everyone affected by the bug that prevented firmware updates is fixed now too.

Message 58 of 72
hippolyte
Apprentice

Hi @MicW

Thanks for that info, looks hopeful. Good that it came in before my 23 April Deadline. Will test on the original with NTG9X50C_10.25.01.00 after sim swap.

Message 59 of 72
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hippolyte,

Please let us know when you have updated. :]

- Jason N

Message 60 of 72
hippolyte
Apprentice

Update applied successfully:

Screen with data usage immediately restored.

Correctly showing 2 devices connected; one WiFi - one Ethernet on screen and in dashboard.

No factory reset performed by me. Whitelist  and LTE settings still intact but curiously Ethernet setting had reverted to Standby 2 mins. Changed without reboot.

As for MicW, no other noticeable differences.

Download 104MB, will the other device on NTG9X50C_10.16.04.04 go straight to NTG9X50C_10.25.01.01? OTA is relatively new to me.

Thanks Netgear for restoring the colourful screen I have come to like.180418--update-104MB.png

NTG9X50C_10.25.01.01-update-success.png

Message 61 of 72
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hippolyte,

Great! I'm glad it has updated successfully for you. :]

- Jason N

Message 62 of 72
hippolyte
Apprentice

@JasonN

Are you able to clarify which 104MB update is waiting on the other device which came with 

NTG9X50C_10.16.04.04 last week? 

Message 63 of 72
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hippolyte,

Can you clarify which device you are talking about?

Thank you. :]

- Jason N

Message 64 of 72
hippolyte
Apprentice

Sure Jason N

The new device I received on 14 April which has NTG9X50C_10.16.04.04.

Before I took the sim out to update the older device that blanked out since 13 March to “detecting device”, the new one reported a software update was available.

It does not specify which update it is like the one I just happily performed on the older device. Just that there is an update.

Both NTG9X50C_10.25.01.00 and subsequent NTG9X50C_10.25.01.01 are 104MB.

Is the OTA process incremental or will it bypass to the latest? 

My main experience has been with devices that provide files for offline updates.

Message 65 of 72
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi All,

Firmware to fix the data usage issue has been released today.  This firmware also enables Arlo base station support for the Telstra Nighthawk M1 (MR1100-1TLAUS).

https://kb.netgear.com/000055962/Why-can-t-I-see-data-usage-on-my-Telstra-Nighthawk-M1

Kind Regards,

ArodiD

Message 66 of 72
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi All,

We released a new firmware today for the Telstra Nighthawk M1 (MR1100-1TLAUS).  This resolves and issue where some users were experiencing issues with data usage not displaying.  This firmware also enables Arlo base station support and gives user the option to disable Ethernet standby.

https://kb.netgear.com/000055962/Why-can-t-I-see-data-usage-on-my-Telstra-Nighthawk-M1

Kind Regards,

ArodiD

Message 67 of 72
hippolyte
Apprentice

@JasonN@ArodiD@mdgm-ntgr

Both devices now running NTG9X50C_10.25.01.01. The provision of file download most welcome.

And @MicW , your non-Telstra trailblazing eased the way.

This will give my negotiations with Telstra a clear direction.

Thanks all

hyppolyte

Message 68 of 72
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hippolyte,

Thank you for the reply! I'm glad that the update has fixed the issue for both of your devices. :]

- Jason N

Message 69 of 72
KarmusDK
Apprentice

Hi.

When will you release a new firmware for MR1100-100EUS? I just wonder why the firmware page under download center in support is empty.

Message 70 of 72
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I think that is expected to happen at second week of May.

Message 71 of 72
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi KarmusDK,

We do not provide the firmware or firmware notes on devices with ISP. Firmwares will be OTA.

- Jason N

Message 72 of 72
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 71 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7