× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Automatic / scheduled switch between LTE and 3G connectivity [R7100LG ]

TMHD
Follower

Automatic / scheduled switch between LTE and 3G connectivity [R7100LG ]

Hi all!

I am using AC1900 (R7100LG) with 4G SIM card sticked in it. The problem is with my Internet Service Provider speeds on specific time frames. 
- During the night, mornings till noon I am getting around 90-110 Mbps (perfectly snappy)
- Afternoons between 40-70 Mbps (ain't bad)
- Late afternoons 5-15 Mbps (slow, but usable)
- Evenings 1-3 Mbps (It's when you start bleeding from eyes waiting for text page to load)

I totally understand that it's all caused by other customers using network excessively. The partial solution for my troubles is manual switch from LTE to 3G where no matter what time of the day is, I am getting around 15-20 Mbps (although upload is bad). The thing is... I need to login and swap connection type by hand every evening and every morning witch is dull. I've been doing it for a past year or two, but there should be a chance to implement automatic or scheduled switch control over this one setting. It's possible, but is there a chance that it will be implemented in the future updates?

Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Automatic / scheduled switch between LTE and 3G connectivity [R7100LG ]

Hi @TMHD

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Thank you for your interest on this feature or functionality. You may post your suggestion or feature request  to this page :

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7