× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

BATTERY PERMANTLY REMOVED

AllanWebber
Follower

BATTERY PERMANTLY REMOVED

HI.  Have the Nighthawk set up in a shed with cameras running off it.  It appears that once it goes to sleep or looses power it has to be manually reset.  I have gone into settings and diabled the sleep mode.  Tested the router by removing power and reconnecting power and it automatically fires up.  When I came to check out the problem the modem was dead and I had to retstart it and Error Code 1 remove battery and power greeted me.  Have since reset this.  What I want to know is can you run the Nighthawk on power only and remove the battery.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 2
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Re: BATTERY PERMANTLY REMOVED

Hmmm,

That's strange.  Mine used to work just fine without the battery -- but I haven't tested it that way recently.  I believe I recall seeing some posts that the battery is required to process a firmware update.

But, I've never seen the error you listed.  When I get home I'll have to try starting mine up without the battery.

Some potential options:

1) install a small local UPS so that it doesn't lose power

2) use an ethernet connected Wifi AP if the built in Wifi keeps going to sleep (though it should not).

3) setup a bot to periodically ping some of the Wifi devices hosted by the MR1100 so that it's connection doesn't go to sleep

-Jonathan

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7