× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Bought a 'returned/used' M1 Nighthawk from Amazon Warehouse - admin password is not default

Goto10
Initiate

Bought a 'returned/used' M1 Nighthawk from Amazon Warehouse - admin password is not default

Hi, as per title, I bought a 'as new' condition M1 router from Amazon Warehouse, I've put my SIM card in and the router tells me to login to set the APN - the default admin password (on the sticker inside the battery compartment) doesn't work, so I'm guessing the previous owner [who returned the unit to Amazon] changed the password - I can't see any way to factory reset the unit without having the admin password.  Before I return the unit to Amazon, is there any way I can reset the device?
Thanks in advance.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Bought a 'returned/used' M1 Nighthawk from Amazon Warehouse - admin password is not default

You can remove the back panel and push the reset button for 10 seconds. here's a video of how. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ6Ci2-b7Fg

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can remove the back panel and push the reset button for 10 seconds. here's a video of how. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ6Ci2-b7Fg

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

make sure its charged and turned on when you push and hold reset. 

Message 3 of 6
Goto10
Initiate

Perfect, thank you - that's worked, I completely missed the physical button (!)

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

glad it worked for you!

Message 5 of 6

@Goto10 wrote:

I can't see any way to factory reset the unit without having the admin password. 

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Factory Reset Using the Reset Button.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7