Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6250 is not connecting to Roku TV

Dannnryan
Follower

C6250 is not connecting to Roku TV

My C6250 will not seem to give enough speed to connect to my TCL Roku TV. It says it connects, checks for update, TV says it will install update but then it will take me back to the start up screening again. The only time it has got to the point of almost downloading the "new update for Roku" was on the 2g Bandwith which was when I said to recheck for networks and then to plug in the login information. However, the internet speed dropped and it kicked the update out which made me go into the update loop again. I have tried everything from factory restarting the TV, factory resetting the router, calling the ISP (xfinity), and calling the manufactor. I do not know what to do. Is it the security settings on the router? I would like some guidance because this is frustering because it connects to all other devices including the Roku Express but NOT the Roku TV.

Thank you!

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: C6250 is not connecting to Roku TV

How far from the router is the tv?

Housing materials?

What wifi channel is your c6250 on? I've read of issues with some of the wifi channels. Try switching your 5ghz to 149-165.

If its only on that tv, potentially its an issue with the firmware and that's what the update is for. Is there anyway to hardwire in the tv to do its update? 

What speeds do you pay for?

What speeds do you get if you're hardwired into your C6250?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7