Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM600 won't provision with Optimum

agad
Aspirant

CM600 won't provision with Optimum

This is my second purchased used CM600 Modem as my first one was unable to connect either. I have attempted the self install tool and called optimum and the modem is unable to come online on their end for provsioning. I have attempted factory reset, still did not work. The modem is stuck in this ranging where the lights are just constantly cycling and is unable to come online. I have an Arris SB6183 that works just fine, but there is an issue having the CM600 connected. 

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 6
agad
Aspirant

Re: CM600 won't provision with Optimum

Just an update: I spoke to the previous owner of the modem and he said it worked perfectly fine and its completely cleared and deactivated from his ISP. 

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

The problem with optimum is that they use ivp4 provisioning and only that. If its been set from another provider with ivp6 (used device) it'll lock it to that and optimum won't be able to access it. This is the problem with used modems.  There's several threads about this if you search the forums. Here's one for example.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/Cm600-ip-provisioning/m-p/1544562

Message 3 of 6
agad
Aspirant

Yeah I bought it used off eBay. Why doesn't a factory reset fix the locked ipv6 provisioning? Any solutions to solve this problem or if the modem useless now for me?
Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

I can't say for certain but I haven't found any that got it working with optimum after the provisioning had been set. You could re-sell it back on ebay. I'd always make sure to buy new with your provider. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact the ISP on the phone and have them provisiton it correctly if they support this model modem on there system. 

@agad wrote:

This is my second purchased used CM600 Modem as my first one was unable to connect either. I have attempted the self install tool and called optimum and the modem is unable to come online on their end for provsioning. I have attempted factory reset, still did not work. The modem is stuck in this ranging where the lights are just constantly cycling and is unable to come online. I have an Arris SB6183 that works just fine, but there is an issue having the CM600 connected. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7