× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Can I connect a NAS device to MR1100 Nighthawk LTE hotspot

UF1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I connect a NAS device to MR1100 Nighthawk LTE hotspot

I am planning to connect a Buffalo link station but I would like to know if it is possible. At this moment my NAS is connected in my home network, but when I am away, I would like to be able to connect it to my Nighthawk LTE hotspot. Is this possible? I know that I should be using the ethernet port. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can I connect a NAS device to MR1100 Nighthawk LTE hotspot

Yes. I've done this using our NETGEAR ReadyNAS.

You'll probably want to update the firmware to the latest and set ethernet standby to disabled in the web admin GUI.

Also if you're going to have ethernet connected 24x7 you should use a QuickCharge 2.0 compatible charger and remove the battery.

Message 2 of 3
UF1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Can I connect a NAS device to MR1100 Nighthawk LTE hotspot

@mdgm-ntgr wrote:

Yes. I've done this using our NETGEAR ReadyNAS.

You'll probably want to update the firmware to the latest and set ethernet standby to disabled in the web admin GUI.

Also if you're going to have ethernet connected 24x7 you should use a QuickCharge 2.0 compatible charger and remove the battery.

Thank you mdgm. I am sorry I couldn't reply before... The NAS device that I would like to connect is the Buffalo LS220DE. I have tried to connect it but it does not show in MyMedia. Is there a process to connect it? Thanks again for your comments and help.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7