× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Can't connect Nighthawk MR1100 to R6400 via Ethernet to WAN

jon_brisbin
Aspirant

Can't connect Nighthawk MR1100 to R6400 via Ethernet to WAN

After researching on the internet and reading the forums here, it seems it should be possible to connect the Nighthawk MR1100 (AT&T version) to my R6400 WiFi router via the WAN port but I can't make this work at all. I've tried leaving the IP Passthrough checked and unchecked and the same with the DNS settings. Neither one results in the R6400 recognizing there's a device connected on the WAN port that it can use for internet access.

I'm using dd-wrt on the Nighthawk because I can't get it off and go back to the original firmware. TFTP doesn't seem to work in all the ways I've tried so I'm stuck for now trying to make this work with dd-wrt.

Is using this device as a modem for my much more powerful WiFi router even possible with this device?

Jon Brisbin

Message 1 of 2
hippolyte
Apprentice

Re: Can't connect Nighthawk MR1100 to R6400 via Ethernet to WAN

Hi @jon_brisbin

I have made the assumption that you are referring to your R6400 as the Nighhawk dd-wrt router?

Have you seen this thread:Removing-dd-wrt-firmware-and-restoring-to-factory-condition/td-p/1002028 ?

My MR100 supplier is Telstra Australia and the latest update, NTG9X50C_10.25.01.01, has at last provided Settings|Setup|Mobile Router| Setup|Ethernet Standby|disabled.

With this and a Quickcharge power supply, I use WAN out to a Dovado Router, all advanced settings unchecked. DNS set to cloudflare in the Dovado.

NTG9X50C_10.25.01.01 has been used successfuly in Saudi Arabia and Malaysia according to our local Telstra Community. It is a one-off available here:How-do-I-update-firmware-on-my-Telstra-Nighthawk-M1-Mobile-Router

I hope some of this is relevant to your question.

Hyppolyte

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7