× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Can't find DNS servers on my NightHawk router

Barrett_J
Follower

Can't find DNS servers on my NightHawk router

I have been googling for the past 2 hours trying to get a static connection but I cant seem to find the DNS server's.  I've tried various commands in CMD, looked in every corner of the routerlogin page and tried a few other reccomended methods.  I figured this would be the place to get the best help. any answers are greatly appreciated!

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
W1lliam
Virtuoso

you should be able to find where to set your own DNS server at Advanced->Setup->Internet Setup, just that Nighthawk would always set itself as DNS server via DHCP to all the clients connected to the router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
W1lliam
Virtuoso

you should be able to find where to set your own DNS server at Advanced->Setup->Internet Setup, just that Nighthawk would always set itself as DNS server via DHCP to all the clients connected to the router.

Message 2 of 3
W1lliam
Virtuoso

if this is for MR1100, then you need to check on Settings->Setup->Mobile Router Setup->DNS Mode, same problem still, MR1100 does not provide that to the clients connected. You can change that for Nighthawk Router, such as R7800/R9000 but not MR1100.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7