× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Can't open port in LB1120

Elmer2flp
Aspirant

Can't open port in LB1120

I am unable to open any forwarding ports in my LB1120 LTE modem. If anyone has done this successfully, please tell me ALL the settings. I am using an Acer laptop running Windows 7 and an 8-port switch. I have attached screenshots of my current settings. The servers I am trying to reach both have fixed IP addresses on my LAN.New Bitmap Image (4).jpgnew bitmap 5.jpg

Message 1 of 7
brian_sadler
Initiate

Re: Can't open port in LB1120

Hi,

I'm having similar issues and using ATT for my wireless carrier on LB1120 wireless modem.  I have defined 4 ports for forwarding,  but none seem to work. When I log into my home network using external IP,  it goes straight to the LB1120 web server.

Did you ever get yours to work ?  I heard that ATT were blocking ports to "improve my experience",  or perhaps more likely to enhance their spying operations.

BTW,  Not having same problems with COMCAST cable.

Regards,

BRIAN

Message 2 of 7
Robokop
Aspirant

I just got this modem yesterday and I am setup and working, all except for 1 thing, Port Forwarding. 

I have setup several ports for forwarding. Some to access the live stream for my camera and some for http and ssh. Only none of them are working. I cannot access my network from the internet. Inside my network everything works fine. I can view the streaming video or ssh to another server. But from outside I cannot even connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 3 of 7
brian_sadler
Initiate

This is an old known problem and it's caused by your 4G LTE carrier.  The IP assigned to you is NOT visibile on the internet so you will not be able to port forward. Apparently is was visible on 3G networks,  but not for 4G and problable not for 5G either.

I have 2 installations,  one on COMCAST cable and no issues.  The other is ATT 4G LTE/LB1120 and I have been unable to access the ports from the internet.  

The solution is to request a FIXED IP: from your carrier,  but this will cost $500. An alternative is use TEAMVIEWER remote desktop,  but you will need to install a server at the  remote location.  I can't say performance is that great.  Mine seems to work only for 30s at full speed and then intermittently after that.

Good luck...

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 4 of 7
Robokop
Aspirant

Thanks Brian, I appreciate your response. I had suspected that the issue was related to the carrier as I also had a problem with white listing. I tried to white list my IP in order to access systems in the AWS Cloud but that would not work either. I have since changed the carrier to Tmobile and that solved the white listing issue. I have now requested a static IP from Tmobile. I am hoping that will solve the port forwarding issue. 

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 5 of 7
Robokop
Aspirant

I just wanted to provide a final update. I recived a static IP from Tmobile and now everything is working as expected. my port forwarding is working for my video stream from my web camera, I am able to white list my IP in AWS so I can access those systems and my up and download speeds are 3x faster for down load and 12x faster for uploads. That allows me to upload an HD quality video stream. By the way I was told AT&T does not offer a static IP. Maybe that was just through my ISP but my Tmobile configuration definately works. 

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 6 of 7
cabletech3645
Aspirant

What brand from T Mobile was the one that worked and what did you have to do to get a static?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7