× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Cant register nighthawk ac1900. Bought from amazon, thought it was brand new but is already register

ajreed1995
Follower

Cant register nighthawk ac1900. Bought from amazon, thought it was brand new but is already register

Purchased this off Amazon and I thought it was brand new but condition of product showed it was used. I called netgear trying to fix the problem but they were super unhelpful. I provided proof of purchase with screenshots but they say it came from an unauthorized seller. Said I needed to pay money if I wanted any help. Even tho the 90 days from the original owner ends 12-21-2020. Wired internet connection works and my service provider had no problems switching over, but I have no wifi connection. Doesn't even show up under available wifi.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Cant register nighthawk ac1900. Bought from amazon, thought it was brand new but is already regi

I'd return it to amazon. they have a pretty good return window. 

Reason why is warranty isn't transferable. 

If you're stuck with it, then we can try at helping/fixing the issue for you. 

If that's the case, 

What firmware is it on? 

what modem is it connected to? 

Did you push and hold the wifi on/off button?

have you tried a factory reset and reinstall? (push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on)

Message 2 of 3

Re: Cant register nighthawk ac1900. Bought from amazon, thought it was brand new but is already regi

@ajreed1995 wrote:
Purchased this off Amazon and I thought it was brand new but condition of product showed it was used.

What "condition of product"? If it was simply a case of the thing saying that it was already registered, that's a known issue. Nothing to do with it being used. A lot of stuff supplied through Amazon shows up as already registered. You can ask one of the Netgear moderators to help put.

@ajreed1995 wrote:
I provided proof of purchase with screenshots but they say it came from an unauthorized seller. Said I needed to pay money if I wanted any help. Even tho the 90 days from the original owner ends 12-21-2020.

The script jockeys seem to be on a commission for everyone they sign up for paid support. This place is free. The warranty process is also for at least a year, longer in many countries.

Of course, that Amazon sent you the thing is no guarantee that Amazon sold it. A lot of others sellers go via Amazon.

@ajreed1995 wrote:
Wired internet connection works and my service provider had no problems switching over, but I have no wifi connection. Doesn't even show up under available wifi.

What about the wifi LEDs?

As @plemans says, check the wifi on/off switch. You would not be the first person to have turned if off by accident, or to miss that it is a switch and indicator.

AC1900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Do you mean the C7000 modem/router in your footer?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7