Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 dropping internet connection

Pilotx
Follower

D7000v2 dropping internet connection

Hello
I purchased a NETGEAR D7000v2 modem router from UK and now I use the router in my country Egypt, The problem with my D7000v2 is that it disconnects itself from the internet. it seems to work fine with ADSL But since I changed to VDSL it is disconnects at least 2 times per day and also when i turn off my PC. My D7000v2 is connected by ethernet cable, Whenever my D7000v2 disconnects the Internet LED and the DSL LED always stay solid white, to reconnect to the internet i must switch off the router and switch it on again. I have tried lots of things to cure this disconnection problem but all without success. Please help me to fix my problem. Thanks
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: D7000v2 dropping internet connection

@Pilotx wrote:
Hello
I purchased a NETGEAR D7000v2 modem router from UK and now I use the router in my country Egypt

Did you reset the device before you connected to the new service?

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here. However, your DSL modem/router is nothing like Netgear's Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems, so you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 5
OMGYWontItWork
Aspirant

I've been having the same problem, internet drops out devices cannot see the WiFi, though the modem/router lights are all lit up. It happens 30mins -3 hours appart.

Also Before I updated the firmware when I origianally set my D7000v2 up last year it also would tell me that the passwords were wrong to connect to the WiFi.  Turn it off wait 10 seconds and restart fixes both the problem but you don't want to do this when engraosed in a movie or every 1/2 hour and the kids drop out of their games.

I purchased a the modem/router when we locked down Austrailia because my old Billion device did not have current security levels on it and we were suddenly trying to home school our four boys. Similtaniousely our business was taking off and so when I experienced these presures the solution was plug in the old billion device, it never missed a beat. I was hoping to get back to resolving the Nighthawk D7000's issues before customer support ran out, but did not.

Anyway

I factory reset it a number of times, checked and double checked the settings with my ADSL provider. About 18months later the very old Billion device died to I pluged the D7000 back in installed all firmware updates changed wifi port 2.5ghz  to 6 and 5ghz to 149 as this is the closest to recommended 128.  MTU Size is1492 already, if that is not a defult my ISP tech must have told me to do that. All of the recommended at https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/D7000v2-dropping-internet-connection/m-p/1793326... have ben implemented except for the 5ghz 128 setting that does not exist.

I also tried with a diffrent and new cable to the wall socket and the new splitter that came with the D7000 as well as the existing splitter that was working fine. The line into the house is fine. I am sure of this, dial tone sounds clear and we have had problems in the past and they have now been resolved. As well as this the Billion router worked nearly perfectly almost all of the time in the exact sme environment, the only thing we ever had to do to it was occasionaly reset it when the internet was slow.

Message 3 of 5
cfrush
Aspirant

I had the same symptoms that you describe that started in early August, 2021 after some Microsoft  Windows 19 "upgrades" occurred.  ( Not sure if that is related, but there is a strong coincidence. )  Anyway, I spent lots of time trying to identify what was causing the issue.

I would get a report that the internet was connected, but couldn't get a response from the DNS when I tried to open a page in my browser.   (I tried several browsers.)

Unplugging the modem/router and plugging it back in "fixed" the problem for between an hour and 4  or 5 hours.  When the problem existed, it affected every computer attached by ethernet or by Wi Fi to this D7000 modem.  (Typically 9 devices, including Linux and Windows laptops and desktops.).

The fix turned out to be upgrading the Router firmware to version 1.0.1.80.1.0.1

I was very nervous about performing the firmware upgrade, and totally losing connectivity, but the upgrade went flawlessly, and took less than 10 minutes.

After I tested the "fix",  I returned to this website to see if I could locate the best forum to let others know about my experience, and this post seemed the most closely matched to mine.    ( I notice that the moderator recommends moving this to another area.)

I would be interested to know what changed in the external environment that caused the DSL modem to have "delayed difficulty" and what was changed in the router firmware that "fixed" this.  Thanks in advance for any help understanding this better.

Message 4 of 5
OMGYWontItWork
Aspirant

Hey NetGear really sorry to run down your product, I was at my wits end with kids trying to be educated from home over the internet and have been constantly getting my ISP to contact the Australian telecomunications provider and fix problems aty there end, turns out after all their fixing yet another problem had develped, the voltage was too high in my wire to the exchange fortunatly there are pleanty spare. Modem still drops out occsionaly but that is ISP not hardware related. Sorry its taken so long to amend my post to achnilege my own error, I really don't have the time but thought I really should make it since it was not your product at fault. In my defence the phone company and ISP insisted it must be a hardware issue, as one would expect.

@OMGYWontItWork wrote:

I've been having the same problem, internet drops out devices cannot see the WiFi, though the modem/router lights are all lit up. It happens 30mins -3 hours appart.

Also Before I updated the firmware when I origianally set my D7000v2 up last year it also would tell me that the passwords were wrong to connect to the WiFi.  Turn it off wait 10 seconds and restart fixes both the problem but you don't want to do this when engraosed in a movie or every 1/2 hour and the kids drop out of their games.

I purchased a the modem/router when we locked down Austrailia because my old Billion device did not have current security levels on it and we were suddenly trying to home school our four boys. Similtaniousely our business was taking off and so when I experienced these presures the solution was plug in the old billion device, it never missed a beat. I was hoping to get back to resolving the Nighthawk D7000's issues before customer support ran out, but did not.

Anyway

I factory reset it a number of times, checked and double checked the settings with my ADSL provider. About 18months later the very old Billion device died to I pluged the D7000 back in installed all firmware updates changed wifi port 2.5ghz  to 6 and 5ghz to 149 as this is the closest to recommended 128.  MTU Size is1492 already, if that is not a defult my ISP tech must have told me to do that. All of the recommended at https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/D7000v2-dropping-internet-connection/m-p/1793326... have ben implemented except for the 5ghz 128 setting that does not exist.

I also tried with a diffrent and new cable to the wall socket and the new splitter that came with the D7000 as well as the existing splitter that was working fine. The line into the house is fine. I am sure of this, dial tone sounds clear and we have had problems in the past and they have now been resolved. As well as this the Billion router worked nearly perfectly almost all of the time in the exact sme environment, the only thing we ever had to do to it was occasionaly reset it when the internet was slow.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7