× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: DC112A Firmware Update or No?

LlamaLarry
Luminary

DC112A Firmware Update or No?

Got an email from Netgear US on October 1, 2018 reporting a new firmware needed for the DC112A  "We've Enhanced Your Product's Security Please Update to the Latest Firmware."

It provides a handy link to download the firmware that it really just a redirection to a guide on HOW to update the firmware.  However, the webUI reports no new firmware available on any of my 3 DC112As (all on V1.0.0.34_1.0.60).  No firmware is available for download on the device support pages either.

The email references "Latest firmware version: v1.0.0.40" but it is nowhere to be found and Netgear has not responded to email.

Any idea where I can find this update?  Or a changelog of the update so I can decide if it is worth the effort?  

Model: DC112A|AirCard Smart Cradle
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

@LlamaLarry

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

NETGEAR sent out mass email to customer to update the firmware. This is somehow a reminder to ensure to install the latest firmware. If it is already telling that you have the latest firmware then it is fine. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

@LlamaLarry

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

NETGEAR sent out mass email to customer to update the firmware. This is somehow a reminder to ensure to install the latest firmware. If it is already telling that you have the latest firmware then it is fine. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Rabadahu
Initiate

Is it really fine if the DC112A is telling that you have the latest firmware (1.0.0.34) when a NETGEAR security advisory indicates that for the DC112a the problem is fixed with firmware 1.0.0.40 ???

https://kb.netgear.com/000060220/Security-Advisory-for-Sensitive-Information-Disclosure-on-Some-Rout...

Message 3 of 4
LlamaLarry
Luminary

Thanks for chiming in, I was starting to think I was just misunderstanding the whole communication chain.  Support for this product from Netgear has been spotty at best, but this is particularly concerning if they have developed a security patch but the hand that distrubutes it seems to have forgetten their part online and via the webUI.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7