× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Data Offloading M2

Dougal_McBear
Aspirant

Data Offloading M2

Hi

This is about a Nighthawk M2 but only M1 shows in list.

I have only 80GB allowance per month and I am using WiFi offloading through my mobile. Even with 20MBPS with the phone, the router still drops back to WiFi. It bounces back and forth from WiFi to offloading.

My provider charges $10/GB after the cap and I can't stop it. Is ther a way to turn off the modem while still using the routing function? It's costing me a bomb.

Is there a way to force it to ONLY offload?

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Data Offloading M2

Hi Dougal_McBear,

What you could try is to disable cellular data so that if it ever fell back to LTE modem from Offload it would not use any data.  Log into the WebUI then Settings>Advanced Settings>Cellular - Uncheck cellular data and hit apply. 

Other option is to remove the SIM card.

Regards,

ArodiD

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Dougal_McBear,

What you could try is to disable cellular data so that if it ever fell back to LTE modem from Offload it would not use any data.  Log into the WebUI then Settings>Advanced Settings>Cellular - Uncheck cellular data and hit apply. 

Other option is to remove the SIM card.

Regards,

ArodiD

Message 2 of 3
Dougal_McBear
Aspirant

Thanks ArodiD

I had a "derrr..." moment as soon as I posted that. Remove the SIM! Obvious really.

A bit tedious so I will try the cellular setting as you suggest.

Doug

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7