× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Default password does not match device because of board/enclosure swap

antibozo
Follower

Default password does not match device because of board/enclosure swap

Received a secondhand LB1120 in broken condition; did a little troubleshooting and found the power connector was broken. Replaced that and device powers up and appears to work fine. Did factory reset, but cannot log in with password printed on label. Repeated several times.

Eventually i checked the network and discovered that the MAC address printed on the label does not match the MAC address the device is using on the network. The unit had been opened by a previous owner, and was part of a lot of as-is devices, and i am confident that a previous owner had pulled this and several others apart to try to fix them, and reassembled them into the wrong enclosures. So the device is fine but all the information on the label does not match the device. Consequence is that i have no password to log into the thing. Contacted the seller but he responded that he did not have any further information.

Does anyone know a way out of this situation? It wasn't a big investment but i sure wish i could use the thing. Unfortunately, i will need to log into the admin interface in order to use it for my application. Is there another default password, or a way to calculate the factory password from the MAC address or the IMEI (which is printed on a label actually on the internal circuit board), or from some other datum?

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7