× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Does your MR1100 ethernet port work?

Drail14me
Tutor

Does your MR1100 ethernet port work?

Are you able to connect a laptop to your MR1100 via an ethernet cable and get internet?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Drail14me
Tutor

Re: Does your MR1100 ethernet port work?

Port was bad. AT&T replacing.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

The manual explains what you can and cannot do with an Ethernet connection:

Ethernet port. You can connect an Ethernet device to this port and you can offload your mobile Internet data.

Note:You cannot use an Ethernet connection and use a tethered connection to access the mobile router at the same time.

Message 2 of 4
Drail14me
Tutor

Yes, I have read that. Different parts of the manual give conflicting answers on what the port is used for. I have no clue what “offload your mobile internet data” means. One part says the port is for connecting to an active Ethernet network so you can use the device as a WiFi hotspot and not use mobile data. Another says you can connect an Ethernet device.

I’ve contacted AT&T and spent over 6 hours between going to the local store and tech support on the phone. Also had an AT&T business support tech call the next day. None could give me an answer on what the port is for.

I tried contacting Netgear but they won’t talk to me because the device is over 90 days old.

I’ve talked to several people that have the device but none can tell me their port works when connecting a laptop via Ethernet. I’ve been told a firmware update turned off the port for direct Ethernet use to a laptop.

So, as of now, I don’t have a straight answer from anywhere on what the port will do. That is why I asked the simple question if people’s port worked.

Do you have one and can you successfully connect a laptop via the Ethernet port and use the internet?
Message 3 of 4
Drail14me
Tutor

Port was bad. AT&T replacing.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7