× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Firmware for Nighthawk M2 MR2100

HannaS123
Aspirant

Firmware for Nighthawk M2 MR2100

Hi All,
Does your MR2100 have IP passthrough option? Settings> Setup> Mobile Router setup.
If so, who is your SIM provider and what is the latest version of firmware? Settings> Administration> Firmware Update on the device?

Cheers

Message 1 of 18
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @HannaS123

May we please know the exact model of your MR2100? What is the firmware version? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 18
HannaS123
Aspirant

Firmware version: NTGX24_10.09.01.00

Message 3 of 18
HannaS123
Aspirant

Firmware version: NTGX24_10.09.01.00

I tried sim cards from various providers and my intention is to continue doing that. I am not tied to any provider by any contract, nor is this device locked to Telstra.

Message 4 of 18
HannaS123
Aspirant

exact model of your MR2100? where can I find this info?

Message 5 of 18
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @HannaS123

This has been brought up already to engineers. We will get back to you for any updates.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 6 of 18
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

Please check your Nighthawk M2 for firmware update. Kindly upgrade the firmware to 10.13.05.00 if it is a Telstra variant. Please let us know of the result. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 7 of 18
DrEvilJim
Aspirant

hi Netgear staff,

please advise if the new firmware upgrade for the M2 provides port forwarding function

regards, Jim

Message 8 of 18
HannaS123
Aspirant

I reported two problems with Nighthawk M2 Model MR2100:
1. Backup is not available in the settings
2. There is no IP PASSTHROUGH mode available.
Firmware was updated yesterday. The result:
On the dashboard a link appeared to: “Update Available – see Settings”. When I press it, it brings Firmware update screen with original firmware version, NTGX24_10.09.01.00, but this time update button is disabled.
No backup or passthrough available.
Very frustrating

Message 9 of 18
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @HannaS123 ,

Can you please try the below for me?

1. On the TouchUI tap Settings>Software>Check For Updates - See if the update can be completed.  If not try option 2.

2. Factory reset MR2100 by tapping on Settings>More>Factory reset.  After factory reset has completed, step through the on-screen setup and retry option 1.

If you are still having issues then please PM me and I will help you resolve it.  I can confirm that IP Passthrough is working on latest firmware 10.13.05.00.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

Message 10 of 18
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @DrEvilJim ,

The latest FW 10.13.05.00 does not have port forwarding feature enabled.  Port Forwarding will be switched on in a future MR.  Unfortunately, there is no ETA for the next MR which is not what you want to hear I am sure.  I will update the post once a newer MR becomes available.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

Message 11 of 18
HannaS123
Aspirant

Hi Arodi, thanks for your advice.
I followed your step 1 and indeed new firmware NTGX24_10.13.05.00 has been installed.
Settings>Setup>mobile router setup: No IP pass through;
SETTINGS > Administration > no Backup available
Regards
Hanna

Message 12 of 18
HannaS123
Aspirant

Forgot to mention about new problem the new firmware has introduced: there is no longer option of updating firmware locally from disc available.
I think Netgear is going in the wrong direction.

Message 13 of 18
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @HannaS123 ,

With the latest 10.13.05.00 firmware I am able to see IP Passthrough option under mobile router setup.  Please refer to attached pic.  If you are not seeing this menu option can you please PM with a screenshot of the Mobile Router Setup window and Settings>Nighthawk M2 Status>Device.

IPPassthrough.PNGDevice.PNG

Backup and local firmware updates are still being worked on and will be available in a later release.  These features have been disabled in the WebUI.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

Message 14 of 18
HannaS123
Aspirant

Hi Arodi,
I am attaching pictures you have requested.
How is this possible that, while having the same firmware version, you have this functionality of pass through, but I don’t?

Message 15 of 18
HannaS123
Aspirant

another picture

Message 16 of 18
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @HannaS123 ,

Looking at 2.jpg it looks like the GUI Version number is hyperlinked, is this what you see or is there something wrong with that screenshot?  It is odd that you are not seeing the IP Passthrough feature.  Can you please PM your contact details and I will organize a replacement device for you as I would like to take a closer look at your unit?

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

Message 17 of 18
HannaS123
Aspirant

Hi Arodi,
GUI Version number is hyperlinked and it opens Skype. I would gladly accept your offer of exchanging the modem for one with the passthrough feature. You can send emails to hs@eznut.com.
Cheers,
Hanna

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7