× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Firmware update

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Firmware update

Hello.

I am from Poland and I own the Nighthawk M1 AT & T branded router. Ruter has no sim lock and works in Poland. However, I have a problem. Router can not connect to the Arlo application. Arlo does not see Nighthawk and the downloaded Netgear application does not have the Arlo icon main desktop. From Arlo technical support, I got the information that I have to upload the software 12.06.01.00 or ask Netgear technical support to download the Beta version. But this is not possible because in my router interface (192.168.1.1) there is no function to upload the file in the Firmware Update tab. The current firmware that I have is: NTG9X50C_10.20.05.02. In one of the topics on the forum I found a man with the same problem but I do not really know if someone solved his problem because the topic was closed. Can anyone help me because Netgear Poland technical support has refused to help me by arguing that the product is not intended for the European market despite the fact that I registered the product and obtained support and guarantees online ... Earlier, I was refused technical assistance with the router itself, giving the same argument but luckily I found information on the web how to solve the problem and I managed it myself. In this case, unfortunately, I have no idea and I have not found a solution on the web ... Please help.

Lucas.

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 1 of 13
microchip8
Master

Re: Firmware update

I don't know if this will work, but you may need to use TFTP to upload the newer firmware. This may help https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Message 2 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok. Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to do this installation and let you know if it helped. Thank you very much for help.

Message 3 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Type in the command tftp -i [router IP] put [firmware filename].[file format]. Do NOT press Enter yet.

1. Example: tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put R9000-V1.0.4.2.img

I work on a mac and I do not know where to insert this command

Message 4 of 13
microchip8
Master

you need to open a console and make sure you have the correct firmware image for your device model

Message 5 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have a good firmware but with this link I can not cope with this procedure on a Mac. I have done the actions described in the link for Mac users one after the other, but from a certain moment the system returns to the Windows environment. That's why I asked where to put this command in os system? There is no such information in this link.

Message 6 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

what you mean? "Open the console"

Message 7 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok, I know what you mean...open a Terminal

Message 8 of 13
matt-1
Aspirant

Hello.
File format from yours link (use TFTP to update firmware) should be img or chk. I receive new firmware file from netgear support to my router with format "spk". Can I use yours method or you can advice me something else.

Message 9 of 13
antinode
Guru

> I have a good firmware but with this link I can not cope with this
> procedure on a Mac. [...]

"this procedure", as its title should suggest, is Windows-specific.
The Mac details can be found by following a link from:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1622096

> Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1

What's wrong with this thing that makes you want to attack it with
TFTP?  How does the normal firmware update fail?  Visit
http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look for
Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  Look for "firmware".

Message 10 of 13
matt-1
Aspirant

Router is from AT&T. In my settings there is no button (options) to firmware update and its say that my firmware is latest. I know that is no true. I want install the new one directly from netgear.

Message 11 of 13
antinode
Guru

> Router is from AT&T. [...]

I know nothing, including whether TFTP has any chance of working on
this device.  You might find/get better answers in a more appropriate
forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/bd-p/aircard

Message 12 of 13
FCB90
Star

Anyone tried to upgrade MR1100-2A1NAS by tftp?
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7