× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Forced Firmware Update on MR1100 AT&T Nighthawk LTE Hotspot bricked the unit

tcmalone
Aspirant

Forced Firmware Update on MR1100 AT&T Nighthawk LTE Hotspot bricked the unit

After using the device twice, a forced firmware update is "stuck" and effectively bricked the device. No manner of power cycle/reset, reset button, removing SIM, or any other suggestion from many forums has been able to restart the device. The device is now OUT of warranty (purchased via Best Buy in Nov 2019) even though I have not bee able to use it for 6 months. I have tried to contact Netgear Tech Support by phone but after an hour on the phone being transferred to 5 different reps, they could not connect me with the "MR1100 support group", and finallly I was disconnected!

All I want to know is - can I get this deviced REPAIRED - or do I "throw it away", as in e-waste/recycle??

Who do I contact to get it repaired-for-a-fee??

Thanks!

Todd

Netgear Case Number: 43824065

MR1100 AT&T Nighthawk LTE Hotspot

S/N: 5DM397NA51E2A

SKU: 6420B

Message 1 of 2
woody188
Aspirant

Re: Forced Firmware Update on MR1100 AT&T Nighthawk LTE Hotspot bricked the unit

@tcmalone wrote:

After using the device twice, a forced firmware update is "stuck" and effectively bricked the device.

How'd you get a firmware update?

I've never received one on my MR1100ATT. You sure you didn't try to manually install the wrong firmware?

I have that same question now, will the MR1100ATT get a firmware update ever, or should we try to use the regular MR1100 update?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7