× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Frustrated with firmware update for MR1100

iamhondo
Aspirant

Frustrated with firmware update for MR1100

I've been using my MR1100 for several years. Lately I've had overheating problems -- frustration #1. I found the "latest" firmware -- 12.07.08.00. That seemed good.

I was surprised I didn't see that earlier so I checked my router's current version. It says 12.05.05. It says "Current software is up to date". Apparently not -- frustration #2.

I looked for the instructions to force an update of the firmware. But my "FIRMWARE UPDATE" page doesn't have an option to upload firmware through the web ui -- frustration #3.

I did notice my web ui has ATT instead of Netgear. Does that shut me out of the update? Is the update even applicable to my MR1100? Is there a separate ATT source for my updates? (And why aren't they automatically detected?)

Thanks,

Joe

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Frustrated with firmware update for MR1100

Hi @iamhondo

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May I please know the device SKU (MR1100-xxx)? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 7
nomad247
Tutor

I have a issue with updating as well. I cannot upfate manually because the borwse to file is not an option, simoply not there. I have a MR-1100-1A1NAS, not purchased through ATT.  It just updated the other night, newer fvcirware, but not the current. I solved the over-heat problem by using the router WITHOUT the battery. I have two batteries, and one is unopened, yet, the other I charge it up like once since I got this router. I really like the router so am hoping to find a way to manually update the firmware.

Message 3 of 7
nomad247
Tutor

I have a issue with updating as well. I cannot upfate manually because the browse to file is not an option, simoply not there. I have a MR-1100-1A1NAS, not purchased through ATT.  It just updated the other night, newer fvcirware, but not the current. I solved the over-heat problem by using the router WITHOUT the battery. I have two batteries, and one is unopened, yet, the other I charge it up like once since I got this router. I really like the router so am hoping to find a way to manually update the firmware.

Message 4 of 7
iamhondo
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

The number is MR1100-2A1NAS on the interior of the body. (It would be nice to see that in the "About" screen instead of needing to dissect the router.)

I hope that's the number you want.

Joe

Message 5 of 7
nomad247
Tutor

Here is another threaed with instructions. Not sue if I am doing this just yet. If I screw it up, there goes ,my router. I hasd to install jave,s eems it is nmotpart of windows 10. My router did an update a couple nights ago opn its own, but is still not the update to the most current version.  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/MR1100-Firmware-Update/m-p/1813134#M...

good luck, and think this through first. Plenty of times I did updates on my cell with very bad results, hard to reverse that. Been keepping the lastest update from installing on my phone because I DO NOT WANT the vrsion of play protect google is forcing on everyone.

Message 6 of 7
iamhondo
Aspirant

I'm still looking for some feedback on my MR1100-2A1NAS situation. I see later/newer firmware available. But my router claims it's up-to-date with 12.05.05.

Also, my router has no option to install firmware downloaded from the Netgear site. It only checks for firmware updates.

Am I perpetually stuck with 12.05.05? Or should I be able to get newer firmware?

Thanks,

Joe

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7