× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Hook up MR1100 to Wifi Router

MicW
Luminary

Make sure to do the ping from a device connected to your network via ethernet, not via wifi

Message 51 of 62
fire703
Aspirant

Thanks I will try that and see

Message 52 of 62
Hyppolyte
Guide

Hi @MicW 

I am happy with my Double NAT to Dovado router MR100 on 192.168.1.1 and Dovado on 10.0.4.1.  DNS set to Cloudlare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1. Sometimes add bridged Airport extreme to Apple TV when my offnet ADSL drops out during a soccer match Smiley Happy

Here is a link to the latest firmware NTGX50C_12.0.6.02.00.Firmware Version 12.06.02.00

Agree that NTG9X50C_10.25.01.01 was the breakthrough version for ethernet out.

This latest is very stable.

Cheers

hyppolyte

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 53 of 62
fire703
Aspirant

Thanks

Message 54 of 62
Hyppolyte
Guide

Hi @fire703 

How is your required setup doing?

Sadly I think the link I provided may only apply to the Australian version. What firmware is your Nighthhawk showing? From looking at the support and manuals for ATT versus Telstra there are differences. eg bandwidths supported. I could find no link to firmware for the ATT devices.

Message 55 of 62
Siwy12
Aspirant

I used the below instructions to hookup my MR1100 to a ASUS router via the LAN cable.  Super easy and works great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=9t1RJsYymGg

Message 56 of 62
chindrella007
Aspirant

You can go to the setting and change the both IP address and ones reset the router facebook.if not working then you go to the other wifi adapter that is better option. you can go to the page and find more about the wifi mini adapter.

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 57 of 62
Johnparker001
Aspirant

Best option to buy a router is Netgear , I am using Netgear for a sevarel year's but there was'nt any issue with me . I am using Netgear model R6-220 wifi dual-band router,it's covered wide renge area , for more model depcription I saw in Netgear facebook page.  

Model: R6200|Dual Band 11ac WiFi Router
Message 58 of 62
Peterbale
Aspirant

Wifi Routers are everywhere now. But not everyone can setup a wifi router or solve any problem related to the router. So, I always suggest to only take expert's opinion because solving a network router's problem is not everyone's cup of tea. There are many experts I know on facebook who can help on this topic.

Message 59 of 62
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Rather than using a router and having to deal with conflicting subnet and DHCP configs between the hotspot and the router.  It's much easier to just buy a wireless access point.  Just plug in the AP (most are configured for DHCP) and then set configure the AP for your preferred settings (use one's which don't conflict with the hotspot).  Once complete, turn off the wifi on the hotspot.  Or, if you want a larger LAN, get a small ethernet switch (like the GS105 or GS108 from Netgear) and place it inbetween the hotspot and the AP.  This way you can connected wired ethernet devices as well.

I use the following AP from TP-Link(eap225)

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-EAP225-V3-Wireless-Supports/dp/B0781YXFBT/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia?keywords...

Message 60 of 62
jrodobu
Initiate

Really appreciate the previous posts and input...is there a way you can simplify instructions for someone who isn't very tech savy (like myself).  I basically have a nighthawk as the only internet at my house...and the signal is good, but I need to extend the range to reach more of my house.  Not sure which route to go.  Thanks.

Message 61 of 62
Czaka49
Aspirant

How did you setup I am using r7000 router
Message 62 of 62
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7