× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

How do I know if my Nighthawk MR1100 At&T is unlocked?

Honey_Steak
Follower

How do I know if my Nighthawk MR1100 At&T is unlocked?

I bought the mobile router several months ago from ebay. The seller stated that it was unlocked. I've been using at&t (it's origin carrier) since I got it and want to switch to metro pcs. When I transfered my metro pcs sim card from my phone to my router just to test it out, it gave me an error of "Phone not allowed mm#6".

Does this mean that my router is locked and the seller lied to me? Or does this just mean that my sim card is locked to my phone?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How do I know if my Nighthawk MR1100 At&T is unlocked?

Hi @Honey_Steak

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please provide the device SKU (e.g. MR1100-100NAS). This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
AaronO
Aspirant

Good morning/afternoon,

Kind of the same issue just bought a new M1100 and switched my T-Mobile Sim card over so I can utilize the TS-9 ports and on boot up receive a Registration Error. The Sim works in the T-Mobile hotspot modem no problem I even switched over the APN for the M1 however the GMM (PS) state: Deregistered and PS state: Not attached. The SKU number is MR1100-100NAS from what I gather this one is the unlocked version. 

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 3 of 5
LCCR2020
Aspirant

How do I know if it is unlocked?

6420B

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi @Honey_Steak

Please provide the device SKU (e.g. MR1100-100NAS). This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi @Honey_Steak

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Becca23
Aspirant

I have the same question. My SKU# is 6112B

Can you provide an answer?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7