× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: How does netgear handle firmware issues?

chris12
Aspirant

How does netgear handle firmware issues?

My LB2120 requires rebooting at least once every other day.  The cable internet is up but the LB2120 (in bridge mode) stops giving an IP address to my router.

Netgear replaced the device but the replacement has the same reliability issue.

I don't have this issue when my router is connected directly to my cable modem.  It is only an issue when my LB2120 is in between.

The tech support people haven't been able to resolve this so keep escalating it but I'm yet to receive a call back.

The customer service team suggested contacting tech support for another RMA.  Not sure that would help as it has already been replaced once.

How is this kind of thing supposed to be handled?

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @chris12

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please send me a private message with the support case number by clicking on this link

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
chris12
Aspirant

Hi Bianca,

I've sent the ticket numbers across.  Please can you explain what the next steps will be.  I tried calling again earlier in the week but, after waiting on hold for a while, the call seemed to disconnect immediately once the agent had my ticket number.

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @chris12

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7