× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

How to send and receive sms on AC800S Optus

DIYfamily
Follower

How to send and receive sms on AC800S Optus

Hi, has anyone ever successfully sent or received a sms on their Optus AC800S modem?

I tried sending a sms to the phone number of the sim card in the AC800S.  Nothing happened.  

I tried sending a sms from the router to my mobile phone.  It said, message failed to send.

I tried following the prompts about how to troubleshoot sms on the Optus website but none of the test sms's I sent are visible on my PC

The AC800S modem is letting us access the internet so it's working. The mobile phone I used to send the test message to the modem is working - it can send sms's to other numbers.

It's not a dealbreaker but I just wanted to know out of curiosity if the sms on the modem could be set up to work.

Thanks

Lin

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How to send and receive sms on AC800S Optus

Hi @DIYfamily

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please be informed that AC800s can only receive SMS messages. Kindly check with Optus to see if the SIM card has a limitation on text and if it is just a data card. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How to send and receive sms on AC800S Optus

Hi @DIYfamily

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please be informed that AC800s can only receive SMS messages. Kindly check with Optus to see if the SIM card has a limitation on text and if it is just a data card. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7