× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

How to setup PS4 with aircard 790s and netgear dc112a to get type 2 connection???

Jasem
Aspirant

How to setup PS4 with aircard 790s and netgear dc112a to get type 2 connection???

Hi I have the Aircard 790S with Netgear DC112A router , I tried to connect my PS4 to the router to get a Type 2 connection but I couldn't , what I did is I gave my PS4 a static IP , portforwarded every port using the router setting's menu , ( I don't know if I have to do the port forward in the hotspot menu , and I don't know what IP I use : the router IP or the PS4 IP ??) , I put my PS4 on DMZ in the router menu, and put the router in DMZ in the hotspot menu, I disabled Upnp. I get type 3 connection on the PS4 , what else I have to do ???

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: How to setup PS4 with aircard 790s and netgear dc112a to get type 2 connection???

Conceptually, putting the PS4 in the router's DMZ and the router in the hotspot's DMZ should work. Try removing all the port forwarding rules and reboot both the hotspot and router.

There are two other methods to try that might work:

1. Remove the PS4 from the router's DMZ, remove all port forwarding rules and re-enable uPnP on the router. Keep the router in the hotspot's DMZ.
  2. If the Aircard has the IP Passthrough mode, try enabling it. This should cause the router's WAN interface to receive the Aircard's public IP address. This will remove one layer of NAT. Then you only have to get the router to work using either DMZ, port forwarding or uPnP.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: How to setup PS4 with aircard 790s and netgear dc112a to get type 2 connection???

Conceptually, putting the PS4 in the router's DMZ and the router in the hotspot's DMZ should work. Try removing all the port forwarding rules and reboot both the hotspot and router.

There are two other methods to try that might work:

1. Remove the PS4 from the router's DMZ, remove all port forwarding rules and re-enable uPnP on the router. Keep the router in the hotspot's DMZ.
  2. If the Aircard has the IP Passthrough mode, try enabling it. This should cause the router's WAN interface to receive the Aircard's public IP address. This will remove one layer of NAT. Then you only have to get the router to work using either DMZ, port forwarding or uPnP.
Message 2 of 4
Jasem
Aspirant

I'm getting a type 2 as your method 2 worked , but my internet is not stable to play online first person shooter (call of duty : AW) , the lag is so annoying . I wonder what can I do to make it stop the lag ???

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

The problem may be your cellular broadband service. Cellular service is not known for having great latency. You may need wired Internet service to get better latency.

Try running a traceroute to a game server. It should give you some ideas about where the latencies exist. I'm gonna bet that it will be between the Suitcases and the first IP hop in the ISP.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7