× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: I can’t connect to FDD Bands

Nabil_A
Aspirant

I can’t connect to FDD Bands

I own a NETGEAR MR1100 EUS device and all bands have been blocked from carrier (STC) except band 2300 TDD in Saudi Arabia. I hope that the system will be updated to avoid blocking and connecting to other bands like 1800 FDD & 2100 FDD & 700 FDD.
Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 1 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Nabil_A

This has been reported. We will get back to you the soonest for update. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Nabil_A

There is no communication sent to us why it is being block. Kindly call STC and ask why the device is being blocked. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Emogirl1997
Initiate

No need to call STC and ask them about why they block the netgear M1 router. They will never tell they block the router at all. STC will always tell their customers (we have maintenance or update in our network) or ( Remove the SIM card and place it again) etc.. It's completely useless to call them or contact them.

If Netgear wants to help us make the Netgear M1 router to work again in Saudi Arabia, Netgear should provide the proper way of how to change IMEI for the router. Changing the IMEI will make the router work again with all 4G FDD bands (B1, B3, B28). 

The router is useless right now. Please Please Please give us the way of how to change the IMEI for the router. 

I hope I see M1 router working again in Saudi Arabia.

Message 4 of 6
aaalaaa
Star

Dear Blanca,

Any updates, please help us ..
Message 5 of 6
Nabil_A
Aspirant

After several attempts to avoid this ban there is only one solution provide a special tool to change IMEI for MR110 and be under the control of the NETGEAR by some tools, If there is no radical solution I will selling the router and buy another router supported.
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7