× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: IP passthrough disables data

BillBrazen
Aspirant

IP passthrough disables data

When I enable ip passthrough on my mr1100, the screen displays "0 devices connected", even though it is connected to my PC via Ethernet, and it no longer transmits data through Ethernet. I can only access the admin page, but after a few minutes I can't even do that, and I have to perform a device reset. Any solutions? I need the IP passthrough to work in order to bypass cgnat.
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
BillBrazen
Aspirant

I don't understand, are you saying I should or should not enable the VPN passthrough for the IP passthrough to work?
Message 2 of 4

@BillBrazen wrote:
I don't understand, are you saying I should or should not enable the VPN passthrough for the IP passthrough to work?

I'd ignore that message. It is linkspam and probably a bit of meaningless text copied from somewhere.

Reported.

Message 3 of 4
TL_NTGR
Apprentice

How is the device being powered?   Is USB connected to a power brick or is it connected to a different power source (i.e. PC).  USB data path will take priority over teh Ethernet.  Just want to make sure you problem is not caused by the USB source supporting charge and data paths as this creates the problem you described.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7