× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

If I buy in the US, can I use it in Asia? Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR1100)

unla
Follower

If I buy in the US, can I use it in Asia? Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR1100)

I am located in the US and planning to travel to Hong Kong.  I'm very interested in the Nighthawk M1 but I'd hate to have any compatibility issue while there.  I see that Netgear sells a Nighthawk M1 in Hong Kong with "Nighthawk M1 (Hong Kong Version)" in the title description.   That makes me wonder if perhaps only the Hong Kong Version will work there.   

Can someone please enlighten me?  Thanks in advance.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
additude
Virtuoso

Re: If I buy in the US, can I use it in Asia? Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR1100)

You are exactly right.

There is a "REASON FOR THAT".....

and it includes such things as signal formats, transmit frequencies (FCC Requirements), propogations and also bans on technology exports, etc.

So "DON'T DO IT" ... as innocent as it seems, it may be a a big problem that you don't want to have.

.... plus I am sure that there are more reasons that I haven't spoken of.

When you get to HK ... get one for HK...

Of course you know... it's not going to work here in the USA....

Message 2 of 3
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: If I buy in the US, can I use it in Asia? Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR1100)

as long as M1 from USA is supporting B1/B3/B7, you should be fine when heading over HK

William

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7