× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Internet disconnected, orange light

Jesi
Aspirant

Internet disconnected, orange light

My dad bought this modem because we have spotty internet where I live. He's trying to get me to set this up but it doesn't seem to be working with the sim card we want to use. We tested it with a card from straight talk that my dad was using for his phone and I sifted through some APN information until I found one that worked. Now we want it to work on a sim card we bought for his iPad that is AT&T. When this one is inserted, the power light remains orange and no signal lights turn on. Then, when opening the netgear login, it says "internet disconnected" with a blank where I think the network was listed on the sim that worked. I've tried different APN information to do with AT&T Sims and it won't even say "connecting". The sim is a part of the "unlimited plus plan".
Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 4
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: Internet disconnected, orange light

You probably can try to insert this sim card onto a cell phone, it will update over proper APN for the phone automatically ( most of the case), once you can confirm it works, you can then check on the APN details from the phone and apply that onto your M1.

William
Message 2 of 4
Jesi
Aspirant

It is an iPad SIM card, so it didn’t work in the phone when I tried it. But it’s already been inserted into an iPad. Do you know the default apn settings for an iPad? I tried looking up how to see it, and apparently my carrier doesn’t allow us to see it.
Info needed:
Name:
APN:
authentication:(PAP, CHAP, or both)
PDP: (IPV4, IPV6, or IPV4V6)
PDP Roaming: (same options as PDP)
Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 3 of 4
W1lliam
Virtuoso

If the APN information is not provided by the carrier, you probably need ot Google it and try.

Wiliam

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7