× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Internet disconnected, orange light

Jesi
Aspirant

Internet disconnected, orange light

My dad bought this modem because we have spotty internet where I live. He's trying to get me to set this up but it doesn't seem to be working with the sim card we want to use. We tested it with a card from straight talk that my dad was using for his phone and I sifted through some APN information until I found one that worked. Now we want it to work on a sim card we bought for his iPad that is AT&T. When this one is inserted, the power light remains orange and no signal lights turn on. Then, when opening the netgear login, it says "internet disconnected" with a blank where I think the network was listed on the sim that worked. I've tried different APN information to do with AT&T Sims and it won't even say "connecting". The sim is a part of the "unlimited plus plan".
Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 4
W1lliam
Virtuoso

You probably can try to insert this sim card onto a cell phone, it will update over proper APN for the phone automatically ( most of the case), once you can confirm it works, you can then check on the APN details from the phone and apply that onto your M1.

William
Message 2 of 4
Jesi
Aspirant

It is an iPad SIM card, so it didn’t work in the phone when I tried it. But it’s already been inserted into an iPad. Do you know the default apn settings for an iPad? I tried looking up how to see it, and apparently my carrier doesn’t allow us to see it.
Info needed:
Name:
APN:
authentication:(PAP, CHAP, or both)
PDP: (IPV4, IPV6, or IPV4V6)
PDP Roaming: (same options as PDP)
Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 3 of 4
W1lliam
Virtuoso

If the APN information is not provided by the carrier, you probably need ot Google it and try.

Wiliam

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7