× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Issues with 763S tethered to Mac OS X 10.10

boomer411
Aspirant

Issues with 763S tethered to Mac OS X 10.10

I've been having two different problems with the AC763S when tethered to USB on a MacBook Air running Yosemite.

1) 10% of the time, I get a kernel panic when resuming from sleep (lifting lid).  Stack trace points to USB issue and Aircard drivers.

2) 50% of the time when resuming from sleep (lid can be open or closed), the tether to the 762S is reported as not connected (a/p Networking).  Only solution is to unplug/replug the USB to bring the connection back up.

Have tried with the 1.8.4 drivers as well as those on the device with no difference in results.  I'm suspecting there is something broken since the upgrade to Yosemite as these problems didn't happen while on OS X 10.9.x

Anyone have similar experiences and hopefully, know of a solution?

Message 1 of 4
boomer411
Aspirant

Re: Issues with 763S tethered to Mac OS X 10.10

Barring any one chiming in, are updated drivers available anywhere?

From further testing, the device is only recognized half the time when plugged in (with no other system updates/changes made in between).

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello boomer411

I have checked and you have the latest firmware I would suggest contacting support to do some more troubleshooting to see if it may be a hardware issues with the 763s.

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx#tab-call

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
boomer411
Aspirant

Thanks Darren - I will do so when time permits.  

My guess would be a driver issue related to OS changes w.r.t. power management and/or USB support.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7