× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

JR 28x transmitter WiFi browser cannot connect to internet through aircard 762s

ronjrrc
Aspirant

JR 28x transmitter WiFi browser cannot connect to internet through aircard 762s

JR 28x WiFi recognises the aircard 762s as having a very strong signal. Tapping the transmitter screen to activate and authenticate the aircard connection the 28x goes through the connecting process and stops with a message; out of range. The aircard works fine with other devices. The 28x browser connects to the internet through a home broadband router. The aircard is on o2 3G and is fitted with a 4G sim. New to the community and apologise if this particular topic has been discussed.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: JR 28x transmitter WiFi browser cannot connect to internet through aircard 762s

Hello ronjrrc

From what I have looked up on the JR 28x that it is running android 4.2 have you tried to have the device forget the network and then try to reconnect to the aircard? it could have some bad settings saved for the aircard not allowing it to connect. Hope to hear your feedback.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: JR 28x transmitter WiFi browser cannot connect to internet through aircard 762s

Hello ronjrrc

From what I have looked up on the JR 28x that it is running android 4.2 have you tried to have the device forget the network and then try to reconnect to the aircard? it could have some bad settings saved for the aircard not allowing it to connect. Hope to hear your feedback.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
ronjrrc
Aspirant

Many thanks Darren for your reply. Yes I have tried your suggestion quite a few times. In short, I have had success in pairing the Aircard and 28X WiFi. I moved location to one with no competing broadband routers and a strong 3G signal. The 28X wifi connected immediately and I was able to browse the internet. I previously tried a 3G mobile WiFi from o2 at both locations but without success. I have just purchased the Aircard on contract on condition it worked with the 28X, so I'm pleased it has connected at least once. I was going to reply to my post with some photos of the browser working as I thought that I would not have a reply to a radio control transmitter wi-Fi issue on a Netgear forum. Thanks again Darren for your kind reply. If you haven't tried the 28X I can recommend it. Regarding the internet and radio control, if your interested try our club website NDMAC! Feel free to contact my direct.

ron

Message 3 of 5
ronjrrc
Aspirant

To DarrenM, I received an email from Netgear community, I assume from yourself. I replied in length to you but unfortunately my email was blocked. I received the notice below. 

Your email asked if my question was answered. Not understanding how the forum protocol works I have now actioned your post accordingly. I'm very pleased with the help given to me from the Netgear community. 

Many thanks.

Ron

Your message to community@netgear.com couldn't be delivered.

Security or policy settings at netgear.com have rejected your message

ronjrrc Office 365 netgear.com

Sender Action Required

Sender not permitted

How to Fix It

Contact the recipient (by phone or instant messaging, for example) and tell them to ask their email admin to add you to their allow list.

If the problem continues, forward this message to your email admin.

Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Ron

Thank you for your response back our mods were just wanting to check to see if you were able to find a solution for your issue. The email that you tried to respond back to may be set that way for no reply but if you have any other questions message me or any of the other moderators or make a post always happy to help.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7