× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Keeping the MR1100 Nighthawk Cool

Cliffgi
Follower

Keeping the MR1100 Nighthawk Cool

As you may be aware, the MR1100 Nighthawk M1 tends to run a bit hot. To make things worse, the users guide list the the max operating temprature as 40c, 104f. Place it near a window for better reception an you will likely have overheat issues like me. I have fixed this problem for myself and thought perhaps others maybe interested. I designed and 3D printed a holder that sports a USB powered fan. My needs are fixed, that is, I don't travel with the M1 often. At home it is the only internet connection I have available. Rural living gets no tech love, as is whitnessed by SpaceX's StarLink deployment strategy; tout desperate need for rural service, but plan first deployment to all major metro areas rich in options. My prediction is that rural areas will never see it. BUT, I digress!  If interested in a heat solution for the MR1100, my design it is available for free on Thingiverse. Just search for MR1100 or B-Kool. I'm working on a one-piece tabletop version and will also list it there in a few days, once complete.

Cheers!

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
Wuchte
Tutor

Re: Keeping the MR1100 Nighthawk Cool

Hello

does this holder also fit the MR2100?

thx

Message 2 of 3
icaruspony
Luminary

Re: Keeping the MR1100 Nighthawk Cool

Have you tried 3D printing some sunglasses and tatoos for the MR1100 to make it "cooler"?

Also, consider removing the battery and getting an external USB battery.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7