× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LB1120-100NAS conencts, then after a while can ping, but can't TCP.

DanRozz
Tutor

LB1120-100NAS conencts, then after a while can ping, but can't TCP.

Help!

I'm in NYC, connecting the LB1120-100NAS to LTE. I have a great signal. I'm using the broadband APN... It seems like everything is working... Then...

I have a problem that after an hour or so the LB1120-100NAS is only able to ping. TCP/IP connections (e.g. HTTP) don't work anymore. I can't figure out why. I restat the LB1120-100NAS and it works...

Anybody experience this? Figure out how to solve it?

I had the _SAME EXACT PROBLEM_ with a gl.iNet GL-X750, so I suspect that AT&T is doing something that drops me when I try to keep the connection nailed.

Anyone?

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 4
LlamaLarry
Luminary

This also happens to me on my LB1120 and LB2120 modems, but it lasts longer than an hour.  I ended up using a timer to restart the modems every 12 hours.  Everything will be working fine and then around 10-14 hours the modem will show it is connected, but no internet traffic is passed.  

Prior to using these modems I used DC112A cradles +815S hotspots using the same SIM cards that I *never* had to reboot to bring them back to life.  

Message 2 of 4
DanRozz
Tutor

I thought about that as a solution, "using a timer to restart the modems" but then realized that it would be better to have a reliable product that can be configured to actually work as needed. I've opened a support case... Nothing meaningful yet. 

Message 3 of 4
PghGoodGuy
Initiate

No answer here for you.  I'm sorry.   Just a "me too."   

It's been happennig to me ever since I bought it but was only a minor inconvenience.  I simply unplugged the device and plugged it back in.

It's now a bigger issue though as this device my primary internet connevction versus back up.

So, I am umplugging and re-plugging about 4 or times a day when say, my VPN connection drops or my firestick fails to connect.

So - me too.   I'd love to knwo what is causing my internet connevction to AT&T drop so often.

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7