× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LB1120 Bridge Mode - No Connectivity

LoLeDi
Aspirant

Thanks bosss7, Im having some probs posting but looks like you can see my posts, i must have posted about 15 times, opps. I did buy it from jb hiji, a pity it is not the AUS version as i need to use it urgently & cant wait around for the euro updates, will have to return it tomorrow =( This was the most painful router i have ever bought

Message 126 of 136
bossss7
Aspirant

Actually if you did get it from JB, then it SHOULD be the AUS version, just like mine. I got two of em and they did manage to upgrade.

JB shouldn't stock the EUS version at all... If they do, then they are idjots.

Message 127 of 136
ssstofff
Aspirant

Is actually Netgear giving a damn sh*t about their buyers, or they just sell crappy stuff that in one content works but in another continent deserves a non-functioning firmware.

Hello Netgear?

Message 128 of 136
bossss7
Aspirant

Hey Loledi,

Just got your modified post.

Seems like you have the latest firmware, so bridge mode should work fine now.

Which provider are you using?

Message 129 of 136
LoLeDi
Aspirant

@bossss7 wrote:

Hey Loledi,

Just got your modified post.

Seems like you have the latest firmware, so bridge mode should work fine now.

Which provider are you using

I'm with iinet, should I change any IP addresses/subnet settings etc or should it work instantly since it's already the right firmware?

Message 130 of 136
bossss7
Aspirant

So on the LB2120, set it to bridge mode, which will also restart the device (You can still access it via 192.168.5.1, if you haven't changed the IP address.

Then make sure you have it connected from the (Yellow) LAN port on the LB2120, to the WAN port on your router.

The WAN settings on your router should be set to DHCP, and deselect any login options. Then it should connect and you'll be up and running.

Which router are you using BTW?

Message 131 of 136
bossss7
Aspirant

Hang on, you have iinet 4G?

Just wanna make sure...

Message 132 of 136
LoLeDi
Aspirant

@bossss7 wrote:

Hang on, you have iinet 4G?

Just wanna make sure...

Actually I don't have 4G, do i need it to work? was planning to connect via Ethernet to NBN, I tried your advice above connecting to WAN etc but it's still not connecting, am using a pepwave surf & get the error msg 'no PPPoE detected'

Message 133 of 136
iDragon
Apprentice

If you don't have 4g internet, I'm not entirely sure why you've purchased this?, it doesn't act as a modem to any other sort of connection, it's meant to give backup 4g internet if the primary WAN goes down if something is connected to wan port, it won't to my knowledge do anything useful to anything otherwise connected to wan port that wouldn't be achieved by connecting WAN device straight to router?

Message 134 of 136
LoLeDi
Aspirant

@iDragon wrote:

If you don't have 4g internet, I'm not entirely sure why you've purchased this?, it doesn't act as a modem to any other sort of connection, it's meant to give backup 4g internet if the primary WAN goes down if something is connected to wan port, it won't to my knowledge do anything useful to anything otherwise connected to wan port that wouldn't be achieved by connecting WAN device straight to router?

ok looks like I bought the wrong device, I wanted something I can use in bridge mode of this size and this was the only thing I can find on the market (without buying online as I normally never purchase online) I wasn't planning on using the failover function, I looked at the manual before buying and was sure it said it could connect to optic fibre connections but maybe i misunderstood

Message 135 of 136
bossss7
Aspirant

Ah yeah as iDragon wrote, bridge mode only work with 4G on this.

Hopefully you can return it if you don't need a 4G failover function.

Message 136 of 136
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7