× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB1120 Extremely Slow: 1-3 Mbps with strong signal on T-Mobile AND Verizon in Los Angeles

bfein
Follower

LB1120 Extremely Slow: 1-3 Mbps with strong signal on T-Mobile AND Verizon in Los Angeles

Recently bought a LB1120 and the upload/download speeds are absysmal, extemly slow compared to iPhones running on the same networks adjacant to the modem. I'm only getting between 1-3Mbps with a few peaks of 10Mbps occasionally, both on verizon and t-mobile networks. Already reset the modem several times and updated the firmware on it. Relativly good signal, between 2-4 bars. At a loss for why it's SO slow, I'm in metro Los Angeles. 

Before I try a warranty claim, anything else I can try? I have an external antenna on the way to try. 

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: LB1120 Extremely Slow: 1-3 Mbps with strong signal on T-Mobile AND Verizon in Los Angeles

Hi @bfein

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Data transfer speed depends on signal strength and interfering radio sources such as electrical generators or WiFi devices.

Please check the network type (for example, LTE 4G is generally faster than 3G).

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7