× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB1120 Software Update — What is it and what are the incorporated changes?

JasBro
Guide

LB1120 Software Update — What is it and what are the incorporated changes?

I've been dragging my feet on installing this update. There is ZERO information (that I can find anyway) on the Netgear website about this. What's more, on the page for the LB1120, under Firmware/Software it states "Firmware/Software not available for this model."

What is the Software Update and what does it do?

Now that I'm out of warranty, it seems ridiculous that there is no way to submit a question to Netgear without having to purchase a support program! Really! I'm supposed to do a blind upgrade? That's a real selling point! (Please read the last sentence with a heavy dose of sarcasm ringing through your head.)

I enjoyed filling out a recent survey that offers a glimmer of hope that Netgear may possibly be upgrading these LTE modems. Perhaps it will work better with my Orbi system. Currently my iPhone — without any antenna (which I do have hooked up to my LB1120) — outperforms by a factor of 2 or 3 to 1. The guts of this thing aren't that complicated that this couldn't be rolled out within a few months. I'd upgrade in a heartbeat!

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: LB1120 Software Update — What is it and what are the incorporated changes?

Hi @JasBro

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please have the firmware version? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LB1120 Software Update — What is it and what are the incorporated changes?

Please provide the SKU name of your device and FW and PRI version on the device.

Are you experiencing any issues with the device?

Thanks

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7