× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB1120 antenna overkill?

rramse
Aspirant

LB1120 antenna overkill?

Okay, first of all, I don't have any complaints about the Netgear internal antenna performance.  It works okay inside one house but in another house I need to run an external antenna because of cell tower obstructions not distance.  Two AT&T towers are located 1.5 and 4 miles away. 

My question is: are there any FCC restrictions against using a 2x24dBi parabolic antenna with the LB1120 power output?  LTE-Outdoor-Grid-Antenna

I apologize if this question is sensitive, but I need to use 25ft of flexible RG58 and still get a good signal with an all metal antenna in 117 degrees of heat.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: LB1120 antenna overkill?

Hi rramse, 

We received a feedback from the team. It would be best to check with FCC and Local Government regarding regulations when it comes to using of these type of antennas. We cannot really answer on behalf of FCC. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi rramse, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Let me check this with the team. We'll get back to you. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi rramse, 

We received a feedback from the team. It would be best to check with FCC and Local Government regarding regulations when it comes to using of these type of antennas. We cannot really answer on behalf of FCC. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
rramse
Aspirant

Thank you for taking the time to check with your team and supply a response.  Not all manufacturers are as courteous to their customers as Netgear.  However, I still need to know the transmitting power output of the LB1120.  It's not listed anywhere I can find.

Maximum Power from Intentional Radiator *1

Maximum Antenna Gain (dBi)

EIRP (dBm) *3

EIRP (watts) *3

30dBm or 1 watt

29dBm or 800mW

28dBm or 630mW

27dBm or 500mW

26dBm or 400mW

25dBm or 316mW

24dBm or 250mW

Message 4 of 4