× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB1120 software update fails to install

Jo22956
Guide

LB1120 software update fails to install

I just received a LB1120 and checked it for software update. When I click the download button it starts and you can watch the % as it progresses and then it stops and says there was an error and to try again later. I have tried several times. Once it even stopped at 99%. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Message 1 of 11
fantaxp7
Aspirant

Re: LB1120 software update fails to install

Having the same issue, very annoying. Need the update ASAP so bridge mode will work properly. 

Message 2 of 11
Jo22956
Guide

Update: the software eventually did install. Not sure why. Netgear never contacted me.
Message 3 of 11
fantaxp7
Aspirant

Strange, mine is still bad. There must be something up with their update servers. 

Message 4 of 11
hareeshreddy868
Aspirant

I encountered this very same error while LB1120 software update. It stopped responding and automatically closed itself after going till 85% but later it says the update was done. Not sure what happened there so I contacted support been 2 week got no response yet.

Tutuapp | ShowBox | Tutuapp

Message 5 of 11
fantaxp7
Aspirant

How many bars of reception do you have? Netgear support said I need more than 2. After I got this update going I was going to  work on reception....I have two antennas mounted on our roof however reception isn't great. So I am scrambling to at least temporarily get a better signal to complete this much needed update. 

Message 6 of 11
Jo22956
Guide

I think there is something to having 2 or more bars. I think when mine finally installed that is what I had. I just updated a POE LB1121 that I am switching to and it updated. I had two bars and I did a speed test first and had 10 mb down before I started. Hope you get it to cooperate.
Message 7 of 11
steboknapp
Aspirant

So the magic solution is to have 2 or more bars of reception? This is so odd. (Say it ain't so!) . I've tried the firmware update 10+ times already and haven't gotten it past 65%

Mine hovers around 3-4 bars and can bump to 5 at times. I'll try again perhaps holding it of a window or something and try to watch if it drops to 2 bars during this next download attempt.

Message 8 of 11
fantaxp7
Aspirant

Update on the update....

I bought a $15 antenna on Amazon as a desperate attempt. Turns out it worked, update downloaded within 10 seconds. Had a steady two bars of signal.

So I got all excited and placed back into our server room, played around a bit with the antenna setup as I was shocked the roof mounted antenna's I installed were getting the same or worse reception then no antennas connected....after plugging/unplugging the annena's it has an orange light and only the third reception bar is lit! Rebooted a few times to try to fix but nope....

This thing is really testing my patience. 

Message 9 of 11
Jo22956
Guide

Check your SIM card. I got the center orange light if it was installed incorrectly. Hopefully something simple like that. Another thing when you get it working you might discover the modem uses several bands from the tower. Sometimes faster speed is on the weaker signal. Mine will automatically switch to stronger signal that is slower. I think this is the cell tower doing this and not your modem. Best wishes!!
Message 10 of 11
fantaxp7
Aspirant

Thank you, after a couple of time re-setting the chip it worked! 

Also you may be on to something with the cell towers. While I was configuring I saw my signal go from 4-5 bars then drop back down to 1. 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7