× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB1120 will not auto-reconnect to cell service once it disconnects due to poor signal

frankowen
Tutor

LB1120 will not auto-reconnect to cell service once it disconnects due to poor signal

I live in an area with spotty service, and my LB1120 will periodically disconnect due to poor signal conditions. However, even when signal improves, the modem refuses to re-connect. It remains disconnected indefinitely. I can resolve the issue by doing a factory reset, however, this is not very helpful if I am not at the location. I rely on LB1120 to provide internet connectivity so that I can monitor other connected devices (thermostats, switches, etc.) while remote. It would be ok if it disconnects occasionally, as long as it would automatically re-connect, as expected. However, currently, once it disconnects, it seems to go down for good. Is there a solution for this problem? Alternatively, is there a way to force reconnection from a client on the network? Perhaps I can run a periodic re-connect script from one of the computers on the LAN.

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 5
LlamaLarry
Luminary

Re: LB1120 will not auto-reconnect to cell service once it disconnects due to poor signal

You have to factory RESET to get back on the network?  It doesn't work when doing a reboot?

I have an LB1120 (and an LB2120) and both suck when the cell network degrades and they drop to 3G during a storm.  They will never try to reconnect to 4G or LTE automatically.  I just have to wait until someone complains that the internet is slow and the only way to force it to reconnect is to reboot.

Message 2 of 5
frankowen
Tutor

Re: LB1120 will not auto-reconnect to cell service once it disconnects due to poor signal

Actually, reboot might work too. I'll have to try it. If it does, then I may be able to use a timer to power-cycle the thing a couple times a day. Very frustrating that it just gives up like that. Good to know it is not just my device. Thanks for the reply!

Message 3 of 5
techwright
Initiate

Same issue here.  I have two different sites on T-Mobile.  One is an LB1120 and the other is an LB1121.  They randomly drop down to 3G speeds.  Both sites have 5 bar signal and good numbers (Quality around 60 on 4G) Doing a software reboot doesn't get it back to 4G unfortunately, only a power cycle will do the trick.  So I have to be onsite to do it 😞  Please Netgear, fix this issue!!! 

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 4 of 5
rstoc
Aspirant

Totally agree, when my LB1120 drops to 3G, it doesn't want to switch back to 4G easily.

When a snowstorm blows through, i've noticed it will sometimes drop to 3G during very heavy moments, but should constantly be trying to get back to 4G as soon as it possibly can.  I always have to manually reboot the device to get it back to 4G.  The 4G signal was strong again within seconds, but wouldn't reconnect without intervention by me. I can usually tell when it is stuck in 3G from the increased latency.

Please put some sort of new algorithm in to get back to 4G more quickly.

THANKS!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7