× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB2120 Failover not coming back to wired network

luxceleritas
Aspirant

LB2120 Failover not coming back to wired network

I have an LB2120 installed as a Bridge between a Cable Modem and an ASUS GT- AX111000 Router. I have a large AIMesh network with Video Surveillance cameras as well as a full home automation system using Smartthings, Simple Control, Multiple NAS. The Cable Modem supports a 100gb download. With the cameras and Smartthings automation, I rely on the network always being available. I installed the LB2120 to take over during the time of outages by my Internet provider. This seems to be during the night time when they take down the network for an upgrade or unplanned system outages. I have the LB2120 set up, using AT&T via Red Pockets Data only plan. The issue I am having is the LB 2120 seems to switch over to the LTE, but once then outage is over, it does not switch back to the cable networks. I tested it by pulling the power to the modem, and it seemed like it worked just fine. The last few nights, though, it seems as it switched over for some reason, did not switch back to the modem/cable network. My Wifi is up without any internet access at all. It just sits like that until I manualIy power cycle the LB2120. I cannot communicate with the LB2120 by either the Desktop browser or the Netgear IOS application. On the application, it says this device is not supported on this network, and on the browser, it just times out. With this happening, it's even worse than not having the LB2120 installed at all. It requires manual intervention of turning the LB2120 off and on again. I tried doing a hard reset and set up from scratch of the LB2120 and it failed again last night. It seems like the Sole purpose of the LB2120 is to keep the network running but all it's doing for me is increasing the outage to being a much longer period of time. I saw a lot of post about people having issues with the LB2120 and I'm not sure if this is what everyone is talking about or if this is some sort of unique situation. Does anybody have any insight as to what may be causing this? I am at a loss as to what to do to prevent this from occurring over and over again. Both the Router and the LB21220 are on the latest firmware. The whole network is commercial grade Gigabit. All cat7 or better cables, etc. Any suggestions or things to try would be very appreciated. I'm considering dumping the LB2120 because it's just not doing what it was intended to do?  Would a Netgear M1 be able to be used instead?

Message 1 of 2
luxceleritas
Aspirant

Re: LB2120 Failover not coming back to wired network

I found thse two other post that seem to be identical situation to mine;

Like this one:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/lb2120-failover-help/m-p/1650796#M74...

One was from 2017 and the other from 2018.  It's 2020 and either this has never been fixed by Netgear or for most people it actually works.

If it works for most then what is different in my case. If it's still an issue thenwhy after two years is it not fixed?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7