× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB2120 LTE Problem

conejo
Initiate

LB2120 LTE Problem

I have 4 LB2120 Modems in use, and they tend to fallback to UMTS even when there is an LTE connection available. Is there any way to force it to connect only to LTE? I tried to select the network manually, and it worked for almost a week, but now some of them have again fallen back to UMTS. The provider says that LTE is up and running, and that every modem is lockable to LTE, but i dont seem to find any option for it. 

Message 1 of 5
conejo
Initiate

Re: LB2120 LTE Problem

Nobody even bothers to answer...

In the meantime, i have read some more reviews.. and it seems this modem should be sold as a 3G/UMTS device, as apparently 90% of the time it inexplicably refuses to connect to LTE. The info "automatically fallback to 3G" should actually be "It might occasionaly connect to 4G"

Money down the drain, pissed of customers, and zero reaction from Netgear.

Message 2 of 5
navlrac
Guide

I have the same issue. In my area LTE signal is stronger and more reliable, but still after some time the modem switches to 3G and won't switch back on its own. On 3G I almost can't remotely login. A reboot (if I can remotely) fixes it for a while until the issue starts over. Modems are supposed to scan continually for better bands and towers.

I have a whole list of other issues with this device, but seems pointless to post them if Netgear doesn't care to respond.
Message 3 of 5
Karjis
Aspirant

Same kind of problem with LB2120, as far I have not had issues with falling back to UMTS, but I cannot choose which band I want to use. In finland we have quite strong coverage, but problem is that 850MHz bands are slow and usually connect to far away. when locking to 2100MHz usually with other modems speeds increase dramatically as it forces modem to connect to nearest station and not keep itself locked to somewhere other side of town. 

In other manufacturers modems I've always seen that it can be locked anywhere you want, but nooo.. It was wrong to assume that this would be standard feature. But LB2120 seemed nice as it has now wifi which and normal person would assume that using same money to unit without wifi would give you better LTE parts inside.. nope.

Message 4 of 5
wdc77
Aspirant

I too am having this issue. I hadn't bought a Netgear product for a years as they have never been a great experience. I shouldn't have given then a second chance.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7