× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB2120 LTE modem ipv6 configuration

praxidice
Follower

LB2120 LTE modem ipv6 configuration

I need information regarding suitability / configuration of LB2120 LTE modem for ipv6, hopefully someone here has more to offer than the beyond useless Netgear call centre. The LB2120 áppears'to be what I need to enable a 4g connection, but to date I've found it impossible to get any specific ipv6 configuration information. 

Needless to say, official Netgear support is effectively non-existent and my 4g provider (Telstra business) is no better.

First issue ... is this device actually capable of routing ipv6 addresses in router mode ? If so, given that the official Netgear manual is extremely sparese, is there any source of setup information that covers ipv6 configuration in detail ?  The fact that there i a router mode implies that LB2120 can route ipv6 adresses, although what complicates / confuses / obfuscates this is the listing of the device as a modem rather than a modem router. 

Second issue, is it possible to disable NAT with ipv6 addreses since NAT is superflouus with ipv6. The Netgear manual doesn't even mention NAT in the context of ipv6 connections. 

Third issue, given that the LB2120 in bridge mode doesn't show ipv6 addresses, is it even accepting ipv6 connections ?  If indeed the LB2120 is accepting ipv6 addresses, how is it possible to verify that when the device won't show ipv6 addresses in router mode ?

Am I barking up the wrong tree with the LB2120 ? If so, is there an ipv6 capable 4g modem router with fair dinkum technical support that doesn't involve a filipino call centre ?

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7